CBI reluctant to take up Nido Tania death case: The Central Bureau of Investigation has reservations in taking up the investigations of the death of Nido Tania -a 19 year old youth from Arunachal Pradesh- who succumbed to injuries he suffered after being severely beaten up by some shopkeepers in Lajpat Nagar area in South Delhi late last month.
Anna Hazare addresses media in New Delhi: Today no party thinks of villages, they only think of the markets and companies. Mahatma Gandhi used to say the country wouldn’t change until you change the villages.
Finance Bill passed: Lok Sabha passes Finance Bill completing the process of passage of the interim budget 2014-15.
- Haryana rape-murder case: Dwarka (Delhi) court awards death penalty to three youth for abducting, gangraping and murdering 19-year-old girl in 2012.
- Normal life in Rayalaseema and coastal regions of Andhra Pradesh came to a halt Wednesday on a shutdown call by YSR Congress party.
- With the passage of a bill in Lok Sabha, formation of a separate Telangana state has almost become a reality.
- In a notice to the BJP, the Central Excise Department on Tuesday demanded payment of service tax by the party on tickets for entry to Modi’s rallies.
- The contentious bill for the creation of Telangana was passed in Lok Sabha amid commotion.
- Earlier this month, the Attorney General said the Italian marines accused of killing two Indian fishermen will not face the death penalty
With the bill for formation of separate Telangana state set to come up for debate in Parliament, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy is preparing to resign.
- Tejpal rubbished the Goa police chargesheet against him claiming innocence in the alleged rape case.
- Pakistan’s former military ruler Pervez Musharraf arrived in court to face treason charges on Tuesday, a victory for the country’s increasingly assertive judiciary.
- Facebook addiction claims girl’s life: Scolded for overuse of social networking site Facebook, an Army officer’s daughter committed suicide hanging herself from the ceiling of her room in Gorakhpur on Monday.
- ICC rankings: Virat Kohli moves up two places to a career-best ninth position in the latest ICC Test batsmen rankings released Wednesday, breaking into the top-10 for the first time in his career.
- Court refuses to entertain plea against Kejriwal: The Delhi High Court Wednesday dismissed a plea seeking directions to the CBI to register a case of cheating and corruption against former Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal on charges of misleading the people by making “false promises”.
- Parliamentary democracy hits new low: MLAs go shirtless in Uttar Pradesh Assembly,storm into well of the House to register protest.