THE HEADLINES :-
- Lionel Messi announces his retirement from international football following Argentina’s defeat in the final of COPA America.
- Defending champion Novak Djokovic and Venus Williams win their respective matches in the first round of Wimbledon Tennis.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi expresses confidence that India’s membership efforts for NSG will make headway in near future; In an interview to a private news channel, he says International Community has appreciated the country’s role in fight against terrorism.
- Mr Modi disapproves Subramanian Swamy’s accusations against RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan.
- India joins Missile Technology Control Regime; Membership to enable New Delhi to buy high-end nuclear technology.
- Government caps the prices of 42 essential medicines including drugs on tuberculosis, cancer and cardiac diseases; Move to reduce their cost by up to 15 per cent.
- Sensex stays flat after worst fall in four months on Friday.
- Leaders of Germany, France and Italy to meet in Berlin over issue of Britain’s exit from European Union; British Pound falls to a 31-year low against the dollar.