- Sensex gains 216 points to close at 26,740; Rupee strengthens 27 paise against the dollar.
- At Wimbledon; Third seed Agnieska Radwanska of Poland enters second round of the Women’s Singles.
- Union Cabinet approves 7th Pay Commission’s recommendations; To be implemented from 1st January this year; Decision to benefit over one crore employees and pensioners; Arrears to be paid this year itself; Recommendations to cost over 1.02 lakh crore rupees.
- Union Finance Minister announces, 2.57 times hike in basic pay and pension; Says entry level salary for government employees to be 18 thousand rupees; Minimum pension to be 9000 rupees.
- Union Cabinet clears Model Bill allowing shops and other establishment to operate round the clock; Gives nod to three major highway projects; Also clears national policy for mineral exploration.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi calls for quick redressal of consumer grievances related to e-commerce sector.
- Monsoon Session of Parliament to begin from 18th of next month.
- Enforcement Directorate attaches 749 crore rupees worth of assets of YSR Congress leader Jagan Mohan Reddy.
- Renowed modern artist K.G. Subramanyan passes away in Baroda.