-WORDS OF WISDOM- The SIGNAFICANCE of a man is not what he attains but rather what he LONGS to attain…
* Prime minister Modi flags off ‘the run for Rio ‘ in New Delhi to celebrate the Olympic mood.
* India bundle out West Indies for 196 on day 1
* Bangladeshi Canadian identified as mastermind of terror attacks in Dhaka
* Maiden broad gauge train service from Agartala to Delhi starts today.
* Pm to address Nation through Mann Ki Baat program on AIR at 11 a.m. today
* Flood situation in Assam improves slightly but no respite in Bihar UP.
* Centre realises rupees 919 crore through it’s fourth tranche of its sovereign gold Bond scheme.
Second Test between India and the West Indies to begin in Kingston, Jamaica this evening.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi holds meeting with top ministers to discuss GST; Bill to come up for consideration and passage in Rajya Sabha next week.
- Normal life thrown out of gear in various states due to continuous rain and floods; Union Home minister Rajnath Singh to visit Assam today to take stock of the situation.
- Supreme Court asks centre to file a status report on the prevailing situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Data from Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign hacked as part of a larger cyber intrusion against Democratic Party; FBI investigating the incident.
- In Syria 35 civillians killed in US-led airstrikes.
- Last date of filing Income Tax return extended upto 5th August; For Jammu and Kashmir date extended till 31st August.
THE HEADLINES :-
Wrestler Narsingh Yadav fails dope test for the second time; NADA to give final verdict on his RIO’s participation tomorrow.
- Union Cabinet clears Amendments in GST Bill; Drops one percent additional tax on inter-state sales as proposed in the bill.
- Lok Sabha passes Lokpal and Lokayukta (amendment) Bill 2016; Also gives nod to Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Amendment Bill, 2015.
- Government creates buffer stock of 20 lakh tonne of pulses to meet the shortfall, informs Food Minister Ram Vilas Paswan in the Rajya Sabha.
- Nation observes first death anniversary of former President Dr A P J Abdul Kalam.
- Flood situation remains critical in Assam, Bihar and West Bengal; Rain affects normal life in Himachal Pradesh and Rajasthan.
- In the U.S., Hillary Clinton makes history becoming first woman candidate to contest for the President election.
- Fifty persons killed in Islamic State attacks in Syria.