- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to embark on four African Nations’ visit tonight.
- Newly appointed Ministers in the Union Cabinet start assuming charge.
- World famous Rath Yatra of Lord Jagannath begins at Puri.
- Rajasthan becomes first state to introduce minimum wages for part time workers.
- China launches military drill around Paracel Islands to defend its sovereignty claim in the South China Sea a week ahead of ruling by the International Court of Justice.
- In Yemen, 10 people killed and several injured in a double car bomb attack at a military base near International Airport in Aden.
- In Wimbledon, in men’s singles quarter finals Roger Federer takes on Marin Cilic and Andy Murray faces Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.
- And in the first Semi final of
- In Wimbledon Tennis tournament, Roger Federer to take on Marin Cilic and Andy Murray to face with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the quarter finals of men’s singles events.
- , In EURO Cup football championship, Portugal to clash with Wales in the first semifinals tonight.
- Portfolios of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s new-look Cabinet announced, Prakash Javadekar gets HRD Ministry, Smriti Irani-Textiles; Information and Broadcasting Ministry goes to M. Venkaiah Naidu.
- Prime Minister to leave on a four-nation tour to Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania and Kenya today.
- The world famous Rath Yatra of Lord Jagannath begins.
- Death toll reaches 250 in Sunday’s suicide bombing in Baghdad.