- Prime Minister Narendra Modi holds talks with South African President Jacob Zuma in Pretoria to further strengthen bilateral ties.
- Supreme Court refuses to entertain AAP Government’s plea over Delhi High Court’s jurisdiction to settle dispute between Centre and the state.
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh says inflammatory speeches of Zakir Naik are being examined; Reiterates activities supporting terrorism will not be tolerated.
- Maharashtra Chief Minister expands his council of Ministers inducting 10 new faces; One minister elevated to cabinet rank.
- Relief camps set up in several districts in Assam as over 1 lakh 50 thousand people reel under floods.
- In the US, five police officers killed and six others injured by snipers in Dallas during protests.
- Seven times champion Roger Federer to take on Milos Raonic in the semifinals of men’s singles in Wimbledon today.