Sensex surges nearly 450 points as Asian and European markets rally; Rupee gains 20 paise against dollar.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is holding bilateral talks with Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta in Nairobi.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh reviews Kashmir situation and holds a meeting with senior officials in New Delhi; Amarnath Yatra continues to be suspended.
- Kerala High Court grants conditional bail to all 43 accused in Kollam fireworks tragedy.
- Heavy rains lash many parts of Maharashtra affecting normal life; situation gradually improving in flood hit areas of Assam.
- In South Sudan, over 250 people killed in fighting between government and former rebel forces in Juba. Indian Embassy assures stranded Indians of all possible help.