- Six more Indians including triple jumper Renjith Maheswary and golfer Anirban Lahiri qualifiy for Rio Olympics.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi returns home after concluding his four-nation visit to Africa; Says India will work to reduce the trade imbalance with Kenya.
- Prime Minister to chair a high-level meeting to review the situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Government decides to set up a panel to chalk out a long-term strategy to tackle shortage of pulses in the country.
- Supreme Court seeks Centre’s response on implementation of OROP as recommended by the Koshyari Committee.
- South Sudan’s President Orders ceasefire after days of intense fighting between government and former rebel forces in capital Juba; Sushma Swaraj Says, India planning to evacuate nationals from the country.