- Prime Minister Narendra Modi appeals to maintain peace and calm in violence hit Kashmir valley.
- Union Ministers Najma Heptullah and GM Siddeshwara resign;
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi given charge of Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- Centre notifies Aadhaar Act giving UIDAI authority a legal basis.
- United States says court ruling on South China sea should be treated as final and binding.
- Centre sets up task force headed by DG Police of West Bengal to identify cross border crimes along the Indo-Bangladesh border.
- India and Bangladesh sign a deal for construction of 1320 megawatt coal fired power plant under Maitree project.