- Government to talk to all parties on GST Bill and seek a consensus for its passage.
- Monsoon Session of Parliament begins; Prime Minister calls upon political parties to work together in Parliament to take the country forward.
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh says violence in Jammu and Kashmir is sponsored by Pakistan; Says militancy will be dealt with sternly.
- Supreme Court accepts major recommendations of Lodha Committee report on reforms in BCCI; Bars Ministers, civil servants and others above 70 years of age from becoming its members.
- Navjot Singh Siddhu resigns from Rajya Sabha.
- In Karnataka, Bengaluru Development Minister K J George resigns after a court directs filing of FIR against him in a harassment and suicide case of a police officer.
- In Turkey, nearly 8,000 police officers suspended on suspicion of having links with coup plotters.