THE HEADLINES :-
Wrestler Narsingh Yadav fails dope test for the second time; NADA to give final verdict on his RIO’s participation tomorrow.
- Union Cabinet clears Amendments in GST Bill; Drops one percent additional tax on inter-state sales as proposed in the bill.
- Lok Sabha passes Lokpal and Lokayukta (amendment) Bill 2016; Also gives nod to Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Amendment Bill, 2015.
- Government creates buffer stock of 20 lakh tonne of pulses to meet the shortfall, informs Food Minister Ram Vilas Paswan in the Rajya Sabha.
- Nation observes first death anniversary of former President Dr A P J Abdul Kalam.
- Flood situation remains critical in Assam, Bihar and West Bengal; Rain affects normal life in Himachal Pradesh and Rajasthan.
- In the U.S., Hillary Clinton makes history becoming first woman candidate to contest for the President election.
- Fifty persons killed in Islamic State attacks in Syria.