- Anti doping agency NADA to pronounce its verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav today.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to chair a meeting of NITI Aayog in New Delhi today to give concrete shape to 15-year vision document for accelerating development.
- In a push to GST, Union Cabinet clears amendments in the Bill with changesproviding guarantee to compensate states for any revenue loss in first five years; also drops one percent additional tax on inter-state sales.
- RBI imposes 27 crore rupees penalty on 13 public and private sector banks for FEMA Act violations and KYC lapses.
- India signs one billion dollar deal with US for procuring four long-range maritime surveillance and anti-submarine warfare aircraft, Poseidon-8I.
- Government assures call drop problem to be resolved in the next four months.
- Turkey government orders closure of dozens of media outlets in the wake of the failed military coup this month.