- National Anti Doping Agency gives clean chit to wrestler Narsingh Yadav to participate in Rio Olympics; Says, he is a victim of sabotage done by a competitor.
- IN CRICKET; India look to consolidate its lead against West Indies in the second test at Jamaica.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel submits her resignation; Cites age as the reason; Party President Amit Shah says, Parliamentary Board will take decision on the resignation and name of the new Chief Minister.
- Centre seeks report from Uttar Pradesh Government over Bulandshahr gangrape incident.
- India asks Pakistan to take action against Mumbai terror attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed following his remarks to protest against Home Minister Rajnath Singh’s Islamabad visit.
- Parliament passes Indian Medical Council Amendment Bill 2016; Lok Sabha clears Debts Laws Amendment Bill to strengthen the debt recovery laws; GST to be tabled in Rajya Sabha on Wednesday.
- Government caps prices of 24 essential drugs reducing their prices by around 25 percent.