Newly -elected International Olympic Committee (IOC) member Nita Ambani today distributed the medals to women’s 400m freestyle podium finishers at the Rio Games to become the first Indian woman to do the honours at an Olympic victory ceremony.
|The Supreme Court appointed Justice Lodha panel today declined the request of Indian cricket board to defer the scheduled meeting tomorrow on implementation of reforms within the next six months.|
- In Rio Olympics, India’s best medal hopes, shooters Abhinav Bindra enters final.Gagan Narang does not qualify.
- In Pakistan, 53 people killed in a suicide blast inside the Civil Hospital in Quetta today.
- In Jammu & Kashmir, two BSF jawans martyred and one terrorist killed in an encounter in Machhil sector of Kupwara.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh says investigations are on to identify militants and their group responsible for Kokrajhar terror attack in Assam.
- Lok Sabha to take up Goods and Services Tax Bill today.
- Opposition members in the Rajya Sabha urge government to call all party meeting to discuss Kashmir issue.