- Ace shuttler P V Sindhu creates history by becoming First Indian Woman to win an Olympic silver in Women’s Singles Badminton.
- CBI takes over investigation in the Bulandshahr gangrape case.
- Bangladesh seeks details from India about controversial Islamic Preacher Zakir Naik’s operations.
- India asks Myanmar to take action against the insurgent groups taking shelter there.
- Government caps prices of 22 essential drugs for treatment of cancer, HIV, bacterial infections and malaria.
- National Green Tribunal says efforts of Centre and Uttar Pradesh government to clean ganga have borne zero result.