Deepa Malik wins Silver in women’s Shot-Put event in Rio Paralympics.
- Supreme Court in a modified order asks Karnataka to release 12,000 cusecs of Cauvery river water to Tamil Nadu per day till 20th of this month.
- Protests turn violent in parts of Karnataka over the issue; Section 144 imposed across Bengaluru; Government appeals for maintaining peace.
- Arunachal Pradesh Governor J.P. Rajkhowa removed; Meghalaya Governor given additional charge.
- Union Cabinet approves formation of GST Council; CCEA gives its nod to raise buffer stock of pulses to twenty lakh tonnes from eight lakh tonne.
- Centre issues model guidelines for states to protect consumers from Ponzi frauds.
- Retail inflation eases to a five-month low of 5.05 per cent in August; Industrial Output contracts 2.4 per cent in July.
- Sensex crashes 444 points amid global market sell of