- India six wickets away from a big win in the Kanpur Test against New Zealand; Off-spinner R Ashwin becomes fastest Indian to reach 200 wickets
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi says Muslims should not be treated as items of vote market; Reiterates, perpetrators of Uri terror attack will not be spared; Announces that India will ratify Paris climate agreement on 2nd October.
- BJP’s three day long conclave culminates at Kozhikode, Kerala with passing resolution to celebrate Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Birth Centenary aiming at inclusive growth of the nation.
- ISRO all set for its first ever multiple satellite launch from Sriharikotta tomorrow morning.
- 17 NDRF teams comprising over 550 personnel deployed in flood-affected areas of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Karnataka.
- CBI registers a case against Chhota Rajan in connection with murder of 1993 Mumbai blast accused Hanif Kadawala.