- Army conducts surgical strikes on terror launch pads across the Line of Control; significant damage caused to terrorists, their infrastructure and those trying to save them.
- No plan to conduct further such strikes says, DGMO Lt. Gen. Ranbir Singh.
- President, Vice President and former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh briefed on the surgical strikes.
- Government convenes all-party meeting at 4 pm.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi chairs meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Security on the situation along LoC.
- The meeting called by the Prime Minister to review Most Favoured Nation status to Pakistan postponed.
- Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi appears in Guwahati court in connection with a criminal defamation case; next hearing on 5th November.
- Indiatv3 the no1 social media headlines provider+