6th October, 2016
THE HEADLINES :-
- Supreme Court takes stong exception of BCCI declining to submit undertaking to follow Lodha Committee report; To pronounce the judgment tomorrow.
- Indian squad announced for the first three games of a five-ODI match series against New Zealand starting 16th of this month; Batsman Suresh Raina stages comeback.
- Army guns down seven terrorists in two separate encounters in Jammu and Kashmir.
- New Delhi says, Indian Army’s surgical strikes across LoC obtained desired results and conveyed intended message to terror forces.
- Defence Mimister Manohar Parrikar says, there is no need to give out any evidence of the surgical operation; Assures, borders of the country are secure under the Narendra Modi government.
- President Pranab Mukherjee stresses on the need to limit the impact of rising climate change while ensuring sufficient resources to meet future developmental requirements.
- Agriculture Minister Radhamohan Singh says, 250 mandis across the country linked to the e-trading platform under the National Agriculture Market in the first phase.
- India’s latest communication satellite GSAT-18 successfully launched; Prime Minister describes it as another milestone in India’s space programme.