- Goods and Services Tax Council finalizes four-tier GST rate structure of 5, 12,18 and 28 percent; Finance Minister Arun Jaitley says five percent tax will be levied on mass consumption items used by common people.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi outlines 10 point agenda to renew efforts for disaster risk reduction; calls for greater involvement and leadership of women in disaster risk management.
- India strongly protests the manner in which Pakistan put the names of eight Indian diplomats in public domain risking their security; rejects Islamabad’s allegations of un-provoked firing by Indian forces along the international border.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parikar says problems related to OROP will be resolved in two months.
- In Uttar Pradesh, Samajwadi Party Chief flags off Vikas Rath Yatra led by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav; State Party Chief Shiv Pal Yadav was also present on the occasion.
- Pakistan Supreme Court announces a single member commission to probe allegations against Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his family in the Panama Papers case.
- The National Capital is facing worst smog
INDIATV3 NO1 social media headlines provider+