- Prime Minister Narendra Modi says introduction of AADHAAR for Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme has resulted in saving of thirty six thousand crore rupees.
- India and UK agree to set up a Joint Working Group to expand trade; Also agree to strengthen defence and cyber security cooperation; Mr Modithanks his British counterpart Theresa May for UK’s consistent support for India’s membership of UN Security Council and Nuclear Suppliers Group.
- Centre asks Delhi and neighbouring states to take immediate action to curb alarming air pollution; Delhi Lieutenant Governor orders to deregister all diesel vehicles which are 15-year-old or more.
- Congress Working Committee recommends Rahul Gandhi’s elevation as party president.
- Democratic Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton regains four percentage point lead over Republican Donald Trump in a survey as the US goes to polls.