Supreme Court permits BCCI to incur expense of 58 lakh 66 thousand rupees for India-England test match in Rajkot tomorrow.
- In a major step against corruption and black money, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announces scrapping of currency notes of 500 and 1000 rupee denomination with effect from midnight tonight.
- Mr. Modi says these currency notes can be deposited with banks and post offices from Thursday till 30th of next month.
- New currency notes of 500 and two thousand rupee denominations to be introduced.
- Prime Minister meets Chiefs of three Services to review security situation.
- Supreme Court asks government to devise a common minimum programme to deal with rising air pollution in Delhi and adjoining areas.
- Voting underway in United States to chose between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump as the next President.