Rajkot Test; India fights back against England on Day 3; batting at 319 for 4 in reply to 537.
- India and Japan sign landmark civil nuclear energy deal; Prime Minister Narendra Modi says, deal marks a historic step to build a clean energy partnership.
- Government extends use of old 500 and 1000 rupee notes for paying public utility bills by another 72 hours.
- BJP Chief Amit Shah says, opposition exposed over government’s decision to demonitise 500 and 1000 rupee notes.
- Prime Minister determined to make India truly a Swachh Bharat in terms of Tan, Man, Dhan saysInformation and Broadcasting Minister.
- Centre tells Supreme Court, it has cleared 34 out of 77 names recommended by the collegium; no file on recommendations for appointment of judges pending.
- Sensex plummets 699 points, closes at an over 4-month low.