- Prime Minister appeals to political parties to support government’s war against black money, corruption and terror funding.
- Supreme Court refuses to stay Centre’s notification demonetising high value currency notes; asks government to give details of steps taken to ease inconvenience faced by people.
- Banks to use indelible ink for disbursement of cash after one exchange to prevent misuse of the facility; Deposits above 50 thousand rupees in Jan Dhan accounts to be monitored closely.
- Winter Session of Parliament begins tomorrow; nine bills including GST and surrogacy regulation to be introduced.
- India and Israel agree to enhance cooperation to deal with terrorism and radicalisation
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Venkaiah Naidu says All India Radio stands alone for objective reporting in an era of sensational news to boost TRPs.
- Retail inflation drops to 14-month low of 4.2 per cent in October.
- Sensex plunges 514 points to a nearly six-month low; rupee also weakens 49 paise against the dollar.