- Government to use indelible ink for disbursement of cash across bank counters after one exchange to prevent misuse of the facility; Close monitoring of Jan Dhan accounts above 50,000 rupees.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Venkaiah Naidu denies allegation that government informed some people about demonetisation in advance.
- Government convenes an all-party meet this evening for smooth functioning of Winter session of Parliament beginning tomorrow.
- India and Israel sign two agreements in the field of Water Resource Management and Agriculture sector.
- Wholesale inflation falls to 3.39 percent in October from 3.57 percent in September.
- Sensex slumps over 300 points; Rupee weakens 51 paise against the dollar.