- Winter session of Parliament begins; Rajya Sabha takes up discussion on demonetisation of currency; Government says common man has hailed the decision which is in the national interest; Opposition members demand for a probe into the demonetisation of 500 and 1000 rupee notes.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi says government should not have any interference in working of the media; emphasises that internal discipline in media is more important than any external intervention.
- Various political parties take out a protest march to Rashtrapati Bhawan over demonetisation; Request the President to speak to the Government and decide on the issue.
- Supreme Court dismisses Tamil Nadu’s review petition challenging its judgment in connection with banning the bull taming sport Jallikattu.
- Government launches revamped Aadhaar toll-free helpline number 1947 to help citizens