THE HEADLINES :-
- Saina Nehwal, PV Sindhu, Ajay Jayaram and Sameer Verma advance to quarterfinals of Hong Kong Open Super Series.
- Government extends deadline for usage of old 500 rupee note only for payment to public utilities till 15th of next month; Exchange of old notes to stop from midnight tonight; toll tax across all national highways exempted till 2nd of December.
- Both Houses of Parliament disrupted over demonetisation issue; Former Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh says, GDP may fall by 2 percent because of the decision; Finance Minister rejects allegations.
- RBI in touch with Nepal and Bhutan to facilitate collection and deposit of discontinued high value Indian currency.
- New Delhi says, talks and terror can’t go hand in hand; summons Pakistan’s Deputy High Commissioner over continuous violation of ceasefire along LoC.
- In Iraq 80 killed in a bomb attack near capital Baghdad.
- Rupee slumps to 39 month low against the dollar at 68.73.