THE HEADLINES :-
#Saina Nehwal and Sai Praneeth exit from Macau Open Badminton tournament.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi says large volumes of cash are a big source of corruption and black money; Appeals to people to ‘lead the change’ towards cashless transactions.
- Government intends to implement GST by 1st April next year, says Finance Minister Arun Jaitley; GST council meets in New Delhi to discuss model GST, IGST and Compensation Laws.
- Twenty Seven Employees of Public Sector Banks suspended on charges of carrying out irregular transactions post demonetisation.
- Both Houses of Parliament adjourned till Monday as Opposition continues to stall proceedings on demonetisation issue.
- Rabi crops sown in over four crore hectares so far, more than 32 lakh hectares compared to last year.
- Markets end in red; Sensex plunges 329 points.