THE HEADLINES :-
- Government focusing on printing more new 500 rupee notes to ease cash situation, says Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das; emphasis more on rural areas to ensure adequate cash.
- Government announces Lucky Grahak Yojana and Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana for promoting digital payments.
- Old 500 rupee notes for payment of water, power and medical bills to be invalid from midnight tonight.
- Logjam in Parliament continues over various issues, including demonetisation and AgustaWestland case.
- Supreme Court orders ban on liquor shops on national and state highways across the country.
- Apex court says, BCCI President Anurag Thakur and Secretary Ajay Shirke liable for contempt and perjury for obstructing reforms recommended by Lodha panel.
- India enter semi-finals of Junior Hockey World Cup beating Spain 2-1.