- Gold slumps 250 rupees to hit over 11-month low of 27,550 rupees per ten grams; Sensex drops 234 points to close at 25,807.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley says, India needs to move to a lower level of taxation to be globally competitive; Warns of severe consequences for non-payment of legitimate taxes.
- A Delhi court dismisses BJP leader Subramanian Swamy’s plea seeking documents from Congress party and Associated Journals Ltd in National Herald case.
- Centre releases around two thousand crore rupees for multipurpose Polavaram irrigation project in Andhra Pradesh.
- India successfully test-fires nuclear capable ballistic missile ‘Agni-V’ with a target range of more than 5,000 kms.