- : Roger Federer lifts his record 18th Grand Slam Tennis title beating Rafael Nadal in five sets in Men’s Singles final of Australian Open.
- India set a target of 145 runs for England in second T-20 match at Nagpur.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi advises students and parents to take examinations as a festival and not be under stress; In his Mann Ki Baat programme on All India Radio, asks youth to use social media to spread stories of valour of soldiers recently given bravery awards.
- Election Commission writes to RBI again for increasing weekly cash withdrawal limit for candidates contesting Assembly polls in five states.
- The Commission orders FIR against Arvind Kejriwal for his bribery remarks; bans exit polls between 4th February and 8th March.
- BJP releases its manifesto for Goa Assembly polls promising loan at one per cent interest rate to farmers and regularization of vocational teachers.
- A US judge temporarily halts deportation of visa holders or refugees stranded at airports after President Trump issued an order barring entry to them for 90 days.
- Republic Day celebrations culminate with Beating the Retreat ceremony at Vijay Chowk in Delhi.