- India set a target of 203 runs against England in the 3rd and final one day international in Bengaluru.
- Union Budget 2017-18 proposes massive hike in allocation for rural, social and infrastructure development.
- Taxation liability of people with income upto 5 lakh rupees reduced to half; all other categories of tax payers to get uniform benefit of 12,500 rupees; 10 percent surcharge on income over 50 lakhs to one crore.
- Higher allocation of nearly 4 lakh crore rupees for railways, metro rail, road development and other infrastructure projects; Service charge on e-tickets booked thorough IRCTC withdrawn.
- Aadhar Enabled Payment System, Aadhar Pay to be launched.
- Scheme announced to cleanse political funding; Maximum cash donation restricted to 2,000 rupees per source.
- Cash transactions limit fixed at three lakh rupees to curtail black-money; Major steps to promote digital economy.
- Incentives to promote affordable housing and real estate; One crore houses for houseless in rural areas by 2019.
- Higher allocation to MGNREGA and other welfare Programmes; Fiscal deficit pegged at 3.2 percent of GDP.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi says Budget will spur growth in every sector and ensure well being of all sections of society.
- Opposition describes the Budget as anti-poor ; Industry terms the Budget as growth oriented.
- Sensex surges 486 points, to cross the 28 thousand mark.
- Election Commission issues notice to Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar for his alleged bribery remarks.