CRICKET; Indian women team beat South Africa by 49 runs in one-day International at Colombo.
- India sets history by successfully launching a record 104 satellites in a single mission; The President and the Prime Minister congratulate ISRO scientists for the launch; World media also lauds the feat.
- 68 per cent voter turnout recorded in Uttarakhand Assembly elections; Over 65 per cent voting in second phase of polls in Uttar Pradesh.
- AIADMK leader Sasikala surrenders before a court in Bengaluru following her conviction in disproportionate assets case; sent to jail.
- Union Cabinet approves merger of State Bank of India with its five associate banks.
- Foreign tourists with e-visas to get free SIM cards on arrival in India.
- Russia says it will not hand back Crimea to Ukraine or discuss the matter with foreign partners.