E HEADLINES :
- In All England Badminton Championships, India’s H S Prannoy enters second round of the Men’s Singles.
- Uttar Pradesh records over 60 percent polling and Manipur records 86 percent voter turn out in the final phase of Assembly elections; Counting for all the five states on Saturday.
- President and Prime Minister extend greetings on the International Women’s Day.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi calls upon women sarpanchs to ensure 100 percent education and immunization in their villages; Says, they can play a crucial role to end female feticide.
- President Pranab Mukherjee says, every girl child in the country should be assured that government is fully committed to provide her an enabling environment and equal opportunity.
- Shiv Sena nominee Vishwanath Mahadeshwar elected Mayor of Mumbai with support of BJP.
- In Rajasthan, a special court convicts three accused and acquits remaining seven including Swami Aseemanand in 2007 Ajmer blast case.
- Indian Coast Guard apprehends ten Srilankan fishermen on charges of trespassing into Indian territorial waters.
- In Afghanistan, at least 30 people killed and over 50 injured in a terrorist attack on Kabul military hospital.