- Saina Nehwal and P V Sindhu enter quarter-finals of the Women’s Singles at All England Open Badminton Championships.
- Exit polls indicate substantial gains for BJP in UP, Uttrakhand and Manipur; Congress and AAP projected to be running neck-and-neck in Punjab. BJP may scrape through in Goa.
- Over 60 per cent votes cast in Alapur Assembly constituency in Uttar Pradesh; Karnaprayag in Uttarakhand records an estimated 58 per cent voter turnout.
- Parliament passes Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Bill 2016 seeking to enhance paid maternity leave for women in organised sector to 26 weeks from the present 12 weeks.
- Prime Minister expresses hope for a breakthrough on implementation of GST; seeks opposition cooperation during the second half of Budget session which began today.
- All 85 Indian fishermen in Sri Lankan custody to be released soon, says External Affairs Ministry.
- In Jammu & Kashmir, three terrorists killed in two separate encounters with security forces; one civilian also killed in cross- fire.
- Fresh snowfall in higher reaches of Himachal Pradesh blocks roads in interior areas; Jammu & Kashmir national highway remains closed for second consecutive day.