- BJP leader Manohar Parrikar sworn-in as new Chief Minister of Goa; Nine MLAs, including two from MGP, three from Goa Forward Party and two Independents, take oath as ministers; Supreme Court orders floor test on Thursday.
- Manipur Governor Najma Heptulla invites BJP to form government in the State; swearing-in ceremony at 1 PM tomorrow.
- Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi says, his party needs structural and organisational changes after Assembly poll debacle.
- Sensex jumps about 500 points to reach a two-year high; Rupee strengthens 78 paise to a nearly 18 months high against the dollar; retail inflation rises to a 4-month high in February.
- In US, New York and New Jersey states hit by huge snowstorm; Schools closed, thousands of flights cancelled; emergency declared.
- European Union top court rules employers are entitled to ban wearing of visible religious symbols like Islamic headscarves, turban and Cross at the work place.