- Home Ministry says no plans to deploy Army to tackle Left Wing Extremism as it is an internal security matter; Home Minister to chair a meeting of naxal-affected states on 8th May to discuss strategy to root out the menace.
- CBI files FIR against its former Director Ranjit Sinha in coal blocks allocation scam case.
- Bombay High Court grants bail to Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur in 2008 Malegaon blast case; denies bail to lieutenant Colonel Prasad Purohit.
- Sensex surges 287 points, Nifty hits a record high of 9,307; Rupee climbs to a nearly 21-month high against the dollar.
- India and Armenia sign three agreements in the field of culture, youth affairs and peaceful use of space.
- India win 16 medals, including three gold, at US Open Karate Championship.