In French Open Tennis, 3rd seed Stanislas Wawrinka advance to second round of Men’s Singles.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi emphasizes need for united efforts to counter the menace of terrorism and radicalisation; India and Germany sign several agreements including Cyber security.
- Special CBI court in Lucknow orders framing of charges against senior BJP leaders LK Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi, Uma Bharti and nine others in disputed structure demolition case.
- Defence Minister Arun Jaitley asks public and private sectors to develop weapon systems in the country.
- Madras High Court stays for 4 weeks the notification banning sale and purchase of cattle for slaughter; Asks Centre to file its reply.
- Southwest monsoon reaches Kerala and North East, two days ahead of due date; Five people die as Cyclone Mora hits Bangladesh coast.
- 26 people killed in two car bomb attacks by Islamic State terrorists in Iraqi capital Baghdad.
India to take on China in badminton quarter finals.
- President Pranab Mukherjee says, there should always be room for the argumentative Indian, not the intolerant Indian; cautions that complex issues are being reduced to binary opposites resulting in polarisation.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate country’s longest, Dhola-Sadia river bridge, in Assam tomorrow.
- Center seeks report from Uttar Pradesh government over Saharanpur violence.
- Supreme Court refuses urgent hearing on a plea seeking fresh NEET examination for MBBS and BDS courses.
- Sensex zooms 448 points to reach record high.
THE HEADLINES :-
Indian badminton team books a place in the knockout stage of Sudirman Cup mixed team championship in Australia.
- Cabinet approves abolition of Foreign Investment Promotion Board; concerned ministries to clear FDI proposals now; Cabinet also approves 255 rupees as Fair and Remunerative Price of sugarcane per quintal for current season; gives nod to Noida-Greater Noida Metro rail project and a new AIIMS in Assam.
- Nepalese Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal resigns after a brief stint.
- Madras High Court grants interim stay on publication of NEET results for admission to medical courses.
- Income Tax Department summons RJD chief Lalu Prasad’s daughter Misa Bharti and her husband in a benami land deal and tax evasion case.
- Mumbai Indians clinch third IPL title defeating Rising Pune Supergiant by one-run in a nail-biting final.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to launch various developmental projects in Gujarat.
- BSF and Punjab Police bust terror module with Canada and Pakistan links; nab two terrorists near Indo-Pak border.
- NIA continues questioning separatist leaders in connection with their subversive activities in Jammu and Kashmir.
- A new train Tejas Express to start its maiden journey today from Mumbai to Goa.
- UN Security Council convenes an emergency meeting in response to North Korea’s ballistic missile test.