- Prime Minister Narendra Modi urges Muslim community to take responsibility for initiating reform on triple talaq issue.
- Allahabad High Court says triple talaq is unsustainable as marriage is a contract that cannot be unilaterally cancelled by the husband alone.
- Prime Minister reviews progress of key infrastructure sectors; Emphasizes on giving priority to manufacturing of solar equipment to drive employment generation.
- Country poised to achieve a record foodgrains production of over 273 million tonnes in 2016-17 crop year.
- Election Commission rejects Aam Aadmi Party’s EVM’s tampering claim; Says look alike gadget is not its voting machine.
- And in Sports: Indian Women’s Cricket team fast bowler Jhulan Goswami becomes highest wicket-taker in history of ODIs.
- International Basketball Federation revises its earlier rule banning players from wearing headgear.