- Prime Minister Narendra Modi says e-governance is easy, effective and environment friendly; Launching Integrated Case Management System of Supreme Court, Mr Modi emphasises on change of mindset over use of technology for governance.
- Prime Minister to embark on a two day visit to Sri Lanka tomorrow to attend 14th UN Vesak day celebrations.
- New Delhi says, International Court of Justice was approached on Kulbhushan Jadhav as he is in Pakistan’s illegal detention and his life is under threat.
- In Jammu & Kashmir, mortal remains of Army officer Lieutenant Umer Fayaz who was abducted and killed by terrorists, laid to rest with full military honours.
- Home Ministry asks nearly six thousand NGOs to open their accounts in banks having core banking facilities.
- India and Russia agree to work closely in various sectors, including security, nuclear energy and disaster management.
- Sensex zooms 315 points to new lifetime closing high; Nifty surges 90 points to also hit a record peak.