- SPORTS NEWS
- Women’s Hockey, India to play England in the quarterfinals of World League Semi-final at Johannesburg this evening.
- England to take on South Africa in the first semifinal of the Women’s Cricket World Cup today in Bristol; India to play its semifinal on Thursday.
- MUSIC NEWS
#Honey Singh, who is known for his chartbusters like ‘Angrezi beat’, ‘Blue Eyes’, ‘Love dose’ and ‘High heels’, is indeed the undisputed music sensation of Bollywood. Honey Singh has not only earned fans nationwide but also has many admirers within the industry itself.
#With A R Rahman being trolled for performing more Tamil songs during his concert in the UK, the music maestro’s sister A R Raihanah has come out in his defence saying music is beyond language barrier.
#Singer Dhvani Bhanushali recently rendered an acoustic version of ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’s’, ‘Humsafar’. This track, which has been composed by Akhil Sachdeva and directed by Ahmed Khan, is as soulful as the original romantic number.
#Veteran singer-composer Bappi Lahiri released his new song ‘Dilli Ki Raat’ from forthcoming film ‘Indu Sarkar’. He said the song is a tribute to late legendary composer R.D. Burman.
#Priyanka Chopra termed the social media criticism of Oscar-winning composer A.R. Rahman for singing Tamil and not Hindi songs at a concert in London as “rude”
#Anoop Singh, son of singers Manjeet Ral and Nindy Kaur, is coming out with his first solo single titled “You cant stop this party” featuring rappers Humble The Poet and Raftaar.
THE HEADLINES Now…
- NDA candidate M. Venkaiah Naidu and Opposition’s Gopal Krishna Gandhi file nomination papers for the Vice President’s post.
- Textile Minister Smriti Irani given additional charge of Information and Broadcasting Ministry following Mr Naidu’s resignation; Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar gets Urban Development.
- Ruckus in Parliament over different issues; Lok Sabha adjourned for the day; Rajya Sabha till 2 PM.
- Supreme Court decides to set up 9-judge bench to decide whether right to privacy is a fundamental right under the Constitution.
- Pakistani forces again violate ceasefire in Rajouri and Poonch districts of Jammu and Kashmir.
- US to provide 15,000 additional visas for temporary seasonal workers due to shortage of labour.
- Sensex plunges almost 300 points in afternoon trade.
- Senior BJP Leader, M Venkaiah Naidu to file his nomination today for the post of Vice President; Mr Naidu resigns as cabinet Minister.
- About 99 percent voting reported in Presidential elections.
- Three terrorists killed in an encounter in Anantnag district of south Kashmir.
- Supreme Court to hear a batch of petitions today challenging the validity of the Aadhaar scheme.
- Centre informs Apex court no more grace period will be granted for depositing scrapped notes.