SPORTS ROUND UP…
India began their campaign in the Junior World Wrestling Championships on a positive note last night, as Veer Dev Gulia bagged a bronze medal on the opening day of the competition at Tampere in Finland.
|Joshna Chinappa, Dipika Pallikal win opening fixtures at World Doubles Squash|
|Joshna Chinappa and Dipika Pallikal Karthik made a flying start to their campaign with an easy 11- 4, 11-5 win over the Colombian pair of Pelaez and Tovar in a Group B league encounter at the WSF-World Doubles Squash Championship.|
|India A outplay Afghanistan A by 113 runs at Pretoria|
|India A has outclassed Afghanistan A by 113 runs to record their second victory in the tri-nation One-day series in Pretoria.|
Thiruvananthapuram, Barsapara set for international debut this season
Compiled for INDIATY3 by Priya D’souza
No Less Know More
* Singer Armaan Malik likes to rest his voice before he records a song.
* Rihanna has gained a bit of weight and lot of confidence.
*72 year old woman, steals hearts at ABC after singing lagja gale to the beats of the A#minors.
* Ashaji always ahead of her time, says singer Hariharan
*Mohammed Rafi’s native village remembers the legend on death anniversary
No less Know More
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi holds review meeting in Guwahati on flood situation in Assam and other North Eastern states.
- In Jammu & Kashmir, top Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist killed in an encounter in Hakripora area of Pulwama district.
- BJP says absence of party MPs during the voting on 123rd Constitutional Amendment Bill on National Commission for Backward Castes in Rajya Sabha has been taken seriously by the party.
- Three killed in landslides in Kinnaur and Mandi districts of Himachal Pradesh.
- U.S. President Donald Trump fires White House communications chief, Anthony Scaramucci over an obscene tirade.
- Qatar files legal complaint at the World Trade Organisation challenging a trade boycott by Arab countries.
- EARLIER TODAY…
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announces 100 crore rupee corpus to study and find a permanent solution to the flood problem in North-East.
- Reserve Bank to announce its third bi-monthly policy review of the current fiscal today.
- Centre to continue providing Wheat at two rupees, Rice at three rupees and coarse cereals at one rupee per Kg till June 2018, says Ramvilas Paswan.
- Jharkhand Cabinet approves a Religious Independence Bill prohibiting forceful conversion.
- Government constitutes a Committee of experts to identify key data protection issues and recommend methods for addressing them.
- Atleast 29 people killed and more than 60 injured in a terror attack in Western Afghan city of Herat.