SPORTS ROUND UP
|fails to qualify to Women’s 400 metres Final|
In the World Athletics Championships, Indian runner Nirmala Sheoran failed to qualify to the Women’s 400 metres Final at London last night.
|England beat South Africa by 177 runs in fourth Test at Old Trafford|
|Moeen Ali finished a brilliant campaign with a five-wicket haul as England beat South Africa by 177 runs in the fourth Test at Old Trafford today to seal a 3-1 series win.|
|2 silver, 6 bronze medals for India at Asian Junior boxing|
|India finished the Asian Junior Boxing Championships in Puerto Princesa, Philippines today with two silver and six bronze medals.|
Colombo Test: India beat Sri Lanka for series win
Usain Bolt finishes 3rd in 100 meters Final at World Athletics C’ship
FIBA Asia Cup to be held in Beirut tomorrow
Anand draws with Aronian in Sinquefield Chess
Yuki Bhambri bows out of Citi Open in Washington DC
*I do not like singing for films-Parveen Sultana.
* Luis Fonsi’s Despacito becomes most viewed video on YouTube.
* Ohh Dilpreeto was made for all the Punjabi fans of Despacito: Aniket Jaiswal.
* Spanish chartbuster ‘Despacito’ gets desi twist by Shiamak Davar’; singer Luis Fonsi loves it!
* Taylor Swift expected to testify against man accused of sexually assaulting her
- Polling underway for three Rajya Sabha seats from Gujarat.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh says Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi violated security protocol during his recent visit to Gujarat.
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the day over continuous uproar by Congress members over attack on Rahul Gandhi.
- Supreme Court dismisses petition to make yoga compulsory for Class 1 to 8 students across the country.
- Apex Court issues notice to Centre on a plea challenging special status to Jammu and Kashmir under Article 370.
- South African Parliament to vote today on a no-confidence motion against President Jacob Zuma.
- EARLIER TODAY
- Polling for three key Rajya Sabha seats in Gujarat today; BJP’s Amit Shah, Smriti Irani and Balwantsinh Rajput, and Congress’ Ahmed Patel in the fray.
- In Tripura, six expelled Trinamool Congress MLAs join BJP.
- Government says, filing of Income Tax Returns grew by 25 per cent due to demonetisation and Operation Clean Money.
- A Parliamentary panel to hear views today of various stakeholders on disinvestment of Air India.
- South African Parliament to vote today on no-confidence motion against President Jacob Zuma.