- Janata Dal (United) under leadership of Nitish Kumar decides to join BJP led National Democartic Alliance.
- RBI calls for recapitalisation of State run banks to help them resolve the NPA issues in a time bound manner; Finance Minister Arun Jaitley says Government is making special efforts to ensure that effective infrastructure is in place.
- Government approves enhanced pay scales for medical officers and specialists in Army.
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar; Chief Minister Nitish Kumar orders intensive airdropping of food packets in worst affected areas of Araria; In Uttar Pradesh, 37 districts hit by flood.
- US lawmakers express concern over human rights violations in Pakistan’s Sindh province.
SPORTS ROUND UP…
*Amazon Prime Music service will be launched alongside in mid Oct.
* Right from the fetus to infants to the aged with dementia, music has the ability to benefit the mind, memory and overall wellbeing. -Dr.Charles Noronha-
*Rythm &Raaga singers ,Kiran’s Dance Academy will in their maiden venture share the stage with the A# minors.
KIRAN”S DANCE ACADEMY
*Gulzar’s best works to make you fall in love with his writing.
*Justin Bieber unveils new track ‘Friends’
- Police foil second terror attack at coastal resort of Cambril in Spain; five suspected terrorists shot dead.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley asks states to reduce burden of VAT on Petroleum Products used as inputs in making of goods post GST.
- Leaders of O. Panneerselvam led faction of AIADMK to meet this evening in Chennai; likely to discuss merger with rival camp led by Chief Minister E. Palaniswamy.
- TRAI raises penalty on call drops to 5 lakh rupees.
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar and Uttar Pradesh with several rivers flowing above danger mark in many districts; relief operation intensified in Assam.
- Sensex plunges by more than 300 points.
SPORTS ROUND UP…
Compiled by Priya D’souza
No Less Know More
*Noel Gallagher’s band to re-open Manchester Arena post terror attack
*Shreya Ghoshal: These fifteen years have been full of amazing experiences and great music.
*Lucknow Central’ new song: ‘Teen Kabootar’ uses mouth and body percussions to deliver a funky jail dance number.
*A#minors to have a curtain raiser dinner before their Show in Sept.
*Daddy’ new song: Arjun Rampal launches ‘Aala re aala Ganesha’ in time for Ganesh Chaturthi festivities.
- Income Tax Department issues fresh summons to RJD Chief Lalu Prasad’s daughter Misa Bharti and his son-in-law in a benami property case.
- Supreme Court directs Centre to inform it about the probe on the aspect of conspiracy behind making of the bomb that killed former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
- Apex court reserves order on bail plea of Malegaon blasts accused Lieutenant Col. Srikant Purohit.
- Flood situation still grim in several districts of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh; Slightly improves in Assam.
- Top American experts welcome Indo-US decision to set up ministerial dialogue to enhance peace and stability in the Indo-Pacific region.
- And, in Tennis, Sania Mirza and Shuai Peng enter Women’s Doubles quarterfinals of Cincinnati Masters.
INDIATV3…THE COMMON MAN’S NEWS.
SPORTS ROUND UP
|SPORTS ROUND UP|
*Taylor Swift wins groping case against DJ David Mueller.
*Suchitra Krishnamoorthi: Misogyny in India is disgusting.
*Shankar Mahadevan: Wish to create International-level academy for Indian music.
*Guitar sensation and Band leader Aarman was handed with the A#minor signature guitar >— by Dr. Charles in the presence of his family Aastha , Manoj and Kavita on Independance day. .
*PM Modi suggests, Salim-Sulaiman dedicate song to jawans.
*Indian group sings a stirring version of Pakistan’s national anthem as Independence Day gift. Watch video.
*Britney Spears left terrified as man jumps on stage during concert: He’s got a gun?
- Leaders across the political spectrum in Jammu and Kashmir welcome Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s outreach on Kashmir issue.
- Government directs social networking sites to immediately remove links of the dangerous online game Blue Whale Challenge.
- Centre plans to invest one thousand crore rupees to transform 20 universities into world class educational institutions.
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar; death toll climbs to 91; more than 96 lakh people affected in 12 districts.
- In Sierra Leone more than 400 people died in mudslides caused by heavy rain and nearly 600 are missing.
SPORTS ROUND UP…
MUSIC NEWS HEADLINES
CNM NEWS© 11/8/17
Compiled for ABC by Priya D’souza
No Less Know More
*Deshmukh makes debut in pop world with Arko Pravo Mukherjee’s song Aainda.
* Parineeti Chopra to record new song soon.
* Priyanka Chopra shares a glimpse of her new single ‘Young and Free’ – Check it out here below.
* National Anthem video in sign language launched
*Elli AvrRam in song ‘Oye Hoye Kudiyan’ in ‘Poster Boys’ will make your heart skip a beat.
Co powered by Bharati classes, G Music,Mukul Stationaries and
Dental Care-next to Muchhala College
No less Know More
- M Venkaiah Naidu to be sworn in today as the Vice President of the country.
- India and US to co-host the Global Entrepreneurship Summit at Hyderabad in November this year; President Trump’s daughter Ivanka to lead the American delegation.
- 15th BIMSTEC Ministerial meeting to be held in Kathmandu today; Trade, Investment, tourism, Energy and Counter-terrorism are the key areas to be discussed.
- Parliament passes Banking Regulation Amendment Bill empowering RBI to deal with willful defaulters.
- A three-judge Supreme Court bench to hear petitions in the Ayodhya land dispute case from today.
- Allahabad High Court directs CBSE to revise marks of all candidates who appeared in the NEET exam this year.
SPORTS ROUND UP
|fails to qualify to Women’s 400 metres Final|
In the World Athletics Championships, Indian runner Nirmala Sheoran failed to qualify to the Women’s 400 metres Final at London last night.
|England beat South Africa by 177 runs in fourth Test at Old Trafford|
|Moeen Ali finished a brilliant campaign with a five-wicket haul as England beat South Africa by 177 runs in the fourth Test at Old Trafford today to seal a 3-1 series win.|
|2 silver, 6 bronze medals for India at Asian Junior boxing|
|India finished the Asian Junior Boxing Championships in Puerto Princesa, Philippines today with two silver and six bronze medals.|
Colombo Test: India beat Sri Lanka for series win
Usain Bolt finishes 3rd in 100 meters Final at World Athletics C’ship
FIBA Asia Cup to be held in Beirut tomorrow
Anand draws with Aronian in Sinquefield Chess
Yuki Bhambri bows out of Citi Open in Washington DC
*I do not like singing for films-Parveen Sultana.
* Luis Fonsi’s Despacito becomes most viewed video on YouTube.
* Ohh Dilpreeto was made for all the Punjabi fans of Despacito: Aniket Jaiswal.
* Spanish chartbuster ‘Despacito’ gets desi twist by Shiamak Davar’; singer Luis Fonsi loves it!
* Taylor Swift expected to testify against man accused of sexually assaulting her
- Polling underway for three Rajya Sabha seats from Gujarat.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh says Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi violated security protocol during his recent visit to Gujarat.
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the day over continuous uproar by Congress members over attack on Rahul Gandhi.
- Supreme Court dismisses petition to make yoga compulsory for Class 1 to 8 students across the country.
- Apex Court issues notice to Centre on a plea challenging special status to Jammu and Kashmir under Article 370.
- South African Parliament to vote today on a no-confidence motion against President Jacob Zuma.
- EARLIER TODAY
- Polling for three key Rajya Sabha seats in Gujarat today; BJP’s Amit Shah, Smriti Irani and Balwantsinh Rajput, and Congress’ Ahmed Patel in the fray.
- In Tripura, six expelled Trinamool Congress MLAs join BJP.
- Government says, filing of Income Tax Returns grew by 25 per cent due to demonetisation and Operation Clean Money.
- A Parliamentary panel to hear views today of various stakeholders on disinvestment of Air India.
- South African Parliament to vote today on no-confidence motion against President Jacob Zuma.
|New Zealand Open: India’s campaign ends as HS Prannoy and Sourabh Verma crash out|
|India’s campaign at the New Zealand Open Badminton tournament has ended.|
|Manju Kumari wins bronze medal at Jr World Wrestling C’ship|
|India’s Manju Kumari won the bronze medal with a 2-0 victory over Ilona Prokopevniuk of Ukraine in the Junior World Wrestling Championship in Tampere, Finland on Thursday.
World Athletics Championships begins in London today; 25 Indian players to participate
Jhajharia, Sardar recommended for Khel Ratna Awards
Six Indian boxers advance to semifinals at Asian Junior C’ships
Sharapova withdraws from Stanford with injury
The race is on! Join Paula Radcliffe and a host of other athletic stars in an epic race to London 2017. Apply for tickets now at http://bit.ly/2aInQw5
- Bihar Government decides compulsory retirement for non-performing teachers and officials of education department above 50.
- National Human Rights Commission issues notice to Kerala Government over political killings in the state.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi describes family values, diversity and environmental consciousness as India’s greatest traditions.
- India’s foreign policy is now at its best, says External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.
- US President Donald Trump admits that relations with Russia are at an all-time low.
- And in sports: World Athletics Championships begin in London today; 25 Indian players to participate.