SPORTS ROUND UP
- FOR REPRESENTATION PURPOSE ONLY
- Badminton, Indian shuttlers P Kashyap, Sameer Verma and H S Prannoy enter quarterfinals of US Open Grand Prix tournament at Anaheim.
- Harmanpreet Kaur’s 171 helps India enter the Final of ICC Women’s World Cup; beat Australia by 36 runs; to meet England on Sunday.
- Harmanpreet Kaur’s brilliant unbeaten knock propels India into their second World Cup final
- OJ Simpson granted parole in armed robbery case, to be freed as early as October
- British Open 2017: Jordan Spieth shares lead with Brooks Kopeka and Matt Kuchar after first round
THE HEADLINES NOW:
- Supreme Court asks Centre and the states not to protect any kind of vigilantism; Seeks their response on violent incidents of cow vigilantism.
- Apex Court says, it will take decision on early hearing of petitions challenging Allahabad High Court verdict in Ram Temple-Babri Masjid land dispute case.
- Opposition members in Rajya Sabha demand privilege motion against some media houses for carrying expunged remarks on mob lynching by Samjawadi Party MP.
- Enforcement Directorate files chargesheet against Chartered Accountant allegedly linked to Misa Bharti in money laundering case.
- Second round of talks to negotiate Britain’s terms for leaving European Union ends without concrete progress.
- Ram Nath Kovind to be sworn in as 14th President of India on Tuesday; Congratulatory messages pouring in from home and abroad.
- Ludhiana court issues fresh summons to Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh in an income tax case.
- West Bengal CID freezes bank accounts of three top Gorkha Janmukti Morcha leaders alleging misuse of funds.
- Newly sworn in Nagaland Chief Minister TR Zeliang to prove his majority in the State Assembly today.
- Pakistan Supreme Court says, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s children could face up to seven years in jail, if the documents submitted to the Panama Panel proved fake.
SPORTS ROUND UP
- In ICC Women’s World Cup cricket, India to take on six-time champions Australia in the second semi-final in Derby today.
ruled out international return with South Africa
Conflict management on BCCI’s agenda in SGM
Ankle injury forces Michael Lumb into immediate retirement
Wood passed fit after scans clear him of serious injury
A-plus players have option to choose their BPL franchise
Australia sweat over Meg Lanning’s fitness
Mithali Raj banks on India’s Derby ‘advantage’
Relationship between CA, players is going to have to build again: Johnson
Kohli hoping to recreate ‘landmark tour’ success
Herath pips Ashwin to second spot in Test rankings
CNM NEWS© 20/7/17
No Less Know More
*Despacito declared most streamed song ever.
*Sachin Jigar duo to give music to five movies.
*Pop sensation Dhiinhak Pooja to be in Big boss 11?
*Don’t listen to singer’s who lip sink their songs on stage:Guru Randhawa
*Assamese singer Bidisha BezBaruha commits suicide in Gurgaon.
🔤newsdesk©all rights reserved
- Counting of votes for Presidential election to take place today.
- Supreme Court says Right to Privacy cannot be an absolute right and State may have some power to put reasonable restriction on it.
- Union Cabinet approves 15 per cent hike in salaries for public sector company employees.
- Centre asks State governments to set up their own insurance companies for better implementation of crop insurance scheme.
- US criticises Pakistan for not taking any significant action against terror outfits Lashkar e-Tayyiba, Jaish-e-Mohammad, Afghan Taliban and Haqqani Network.
SPORTS ROUND UP
- In Women’s Cricket World Cup, England storm into the Final with a 2-wicket win over South Africa.
- India lost 4-1 to England in the quarter-finals of the World League Semi-Final, paying the price for their inability to finish clear-cut opportunities in Johannesburg.
Football Leaks is blowing the lid on the game’s secrets …
- Tommy Fleetwood finished fourth at the U.S. Open last month and then won at the Open de France, marking him as a possible contender at The Open this week
Compiled for🔤 by Priya D’souza
No Less Know More
*Justin Bieber slapped with fine for using phone while driving.
*Sonu Nigam pledges 5 lakh Rupees to driver Sheikh Saleem who drove the pilgrims to safety during militant firing.
*Dev Kurani of the A#minors gives a rock riff to the iconic song ‘Mungda.
*Disco deewane’ singer Zoheb Hassan to make a coime back after 10 years.
*Benny Dayal was told by a music director that he would never become a playback singer.
🔤newsdesk©all rights reserved
Co powered by Bharati classes ,G Music,Mukul Stationaries and
Dental Care-next to Muchhala College
No less Know More
no plus ones
- Australia calls for peaceful resolution of the stand-off between India and China in Doklam sector; Opposes Beijing’s construction of artificial reefs and their militarisation in South China Sea.
- Nagaland Chief Minister Shurhozelie Liezietsu to face floor test today as Gauhati High Court dismisses his plea to stay the trust vote.
- A nine-judge Supreme Court bench likely to pronounce its verdict today on whether right to privacy is a fundamental right.
- Rajasthan government accepts protesters’ demand of CBI probe into gangster Anandpal Singh encounter case.
- Income Tax Appellate Tribunal upholds tax demand of over 430 crore rupees against NDTV on investment by a US television network in 2008.
- US slaps new economic sanctions against Iran over its ballistic missile program.
- SPORTS NEWS
- Women’s Hockey, India to play England in the quarterfinals of World League Semi-final at Johannesburg this evening.
- England to take on South Africa in the first semifinal of the Women’s Cricket World Cup today in Bristol; India to play its semifinal on Thursday.
- MUSIC NEWS
#Honey Singh, who is known for his chartbusters like ‘Angrezi beat’, ‘Blue Eyes’, ‘Love dose’ and ‘High heels’, is indeed the undisputed music sensation of Bollywood. Honey Singh has not only earned fans nationwide but also has many admirers within the industry itself.
#With A R Rahman being trolled for performing more Tamil songs during his concert in the UK, the music maestro’s sister A R Raihanah has come out in his defence saying music is beyond language barrier.
#Singer Dhvani Bhanushali recently rendered an acoustic version of ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’s’, ‘Humsafar’. This track, which has been composed by Akhil Sachdeva and directed by Ahmed Khan, is as soulful as the original romantic number.
#Veteran singer-composer Bappi Lahiri released his new song ‘Dilli Ki Raat’ from forthcoming film ‘Indu Sarkar’. He said the song is a tribute to late legendary composer R.D. Burman.
#Priyanka Chopra termed the social media criticism of Oscar-winning composer A.R. Rahman for singing Tamil and not Hindi songs at a concert in London as “rude”
#Anoop Singh, son of singers Manjeet Ral and Nindy Kaur, is coming out with his first solo single titled “You cant stop this party” featuring rappers Humble The Poet and Raftaar.
THE HEADLINES Now…
- NDA candidate M. Venkaiah Naidu and Opposition’s Gopal Krishna Gandhi file nomination papers for the Vice President’s post.
- Textile Minister Smriti Irani given additional charge of Information and Broadcasting Ministry following Mr Naidu’s resignation; Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar gets Urban Development.
- Ruckus in Parliament over different issues; Lok Sabha adjourned for the day; Rajya Sabha till 2 PM.
- Supreme Court decides to set up 9-judge bench to decide whether right to privacy is a fundamental right under the Constitution.
- Pakistani forces again violate ceasefire in Rajouri and Poonch districts of Jammu and Kashmir.
- US to provide 15,000 additional visas for temporary seasonal workers due to shortage of labour.
- Sensex plunges almost 300 points in afternoon trade.
- Senior BJP Leader, M Venkaiah Naidu to file his nomination today for the post of Vice President; Mr Naidu resigns as cabinet Minister.
- About 99 percent voting reported in Presidential elections.
- Three terrorists killed in an encounter in Anantnag district of south Kashmir.
- Supreme Court to hear a batch of petitions today challenging the validity of the Aadhaar scheme.
- Centre informs Apex court no more grace period will be granted for depositing scrapped notes.
THE HEADLINES :-
New Zealand set 266 run target for Bangladesh in Champions Trophy
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi appeals world leaders to unite against terrorism; India becomes full member of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation.
- Supreme Court upholds law making Aadhaarmandatory for PAN card and income tax return but exempts those without it for now.
- Five terrorists killed as Army foils infiltration bid in Uri Sector of North Kashmir.
- Madhya Pradesh Chief minister appeals to agitating farmers to postpone ongoing strike; Invites them for talks.
- In Britain, No party gets majority in Parliamentary elections; Theresa May claims to form government with Democratic Unionists backing.
In French Open Tennis, 3rd seed Stanislas Wawrinka advance to second round of Men’s Singles.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi emphasizes need for united efforts to counter the menace of terrorism and radicalisation; India and Germany sign several agreements including Cyber security.
- Special CBI court in Lucknow orders framing of charges against senior BJP leaders LK Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi, Uma Bharti and nine others in disputed structure demolition case.
- Defence Minister Arun Jaitley asks public and private sectors to develop weapon systems in the country.
- Madras High Court stays for 4 weeks the notification banning sale and purchase of cattle for slaughter; Asks Centre to file its reply.
- Southwest monsoon reaches Kerala and North East, two days ahead of due date; Five people die as Cyclone Mora hits Bangladesh coast.
- 26 people killed in two car bomb attacks by Islamic State terrorists in Iraqi capital Baghdad.