THE HEADLINES :-
New Zealand set 266 run target for Bangladesh in Champions Trophy
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi appeals world leaders to unite against terrorism; India becomes full member of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation.
- Supreme Court upholds law making Aadhaarmandatory for PAN card and income tax return but exempts those without it for now.
- Five terrorists killed as Army foils infiltration bid in Uri Sector of North Kashmir.
- Madhya Pradesh Chief minister appeals to agitating farmers to postpone ongoing strike; Invites them for talks.
- In Britain, No party gets majority in Parliamentary elections; Theresa May claims to form government with Democratic Unionists backing.
In French Open Tennis, 3rd seed Stanislas Wawrinka advance to second round of Men’s Singles.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi emphasizes need for united efforts to counter the menace of terrorism and radicalisation; India and Germany sign several agreements including Cyber security.
- Special CBI court in Lucknow orders framing of charges against senior BJP leaders LK Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi, Uma Bharti and nine others in disputed structure demolition case.
- Defence Minister Arun Jaitley asks public and private sectors to develop weapon systems in the country.
- Madras High Court stays for 4 weeks the notification banning sale and purchase of cattle for slaughter; Asks Centre to file its reply.
- Southwest monsoon reaches Kerala and North East, two days ahead of due date; Five people die as Cyclone Mora hits Bangladesh coast.
- 26 people killed in two car bomb attacks by Islamic State terrorists in Iraqi capital Baghdad.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and German Chancellor Angela Merkel discuss trade, investment and security issues in South-Asia; Both leaders to participate in Inter governmental Consultations and Indo-German business summit.
- Prime Minister announces ex-gratia relief to next of kin of E-rickshaw driver beaten to death in Delhi for stopping two persons from urinating in public; directs authorities to punish culprits.
- Senior BJP leaders L K Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi and Uma Bharti to appear before special CBI court in Lucknow in the Ayodhya demolition case; Charges to be framed today.
- Uttar Pradesh government sets up Special Investigation Team to probe Saharanpur violence incidents.
- Several parts of Odisha, West Bengal and Tripura likely to witness heavy rainfall today under the influence of cyclonic storm Mora.
- In Badminton, Saina Nehwal and B Sai Praneeth to start their campaign at Thailand Grand Prix Gold qualifier today.
- World Table Tennis Championships begin in Dusseldorf, Germany.
- In French Open Tennis, defending champion Novak Djokovic and 9-time winner Rafael Nadal to begin their campaigns today.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to embark on a four nation visit today; trade and commerce, economic cooperation and counter terrorism high on agenda.
- Army Chief says Indian Army is facing dirty war in Jammu and Kashmir which has to be fought through innovative ways.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley says Centre to announce electoral bonds scheme soon.
- Deep depression over Bay of Bengal to further advance arrival of southwest monsoon; also expected to turn into a “severe cyclonic storm” by tonight; likely to cause heavy rain in North-East and Odisha.
India to take on China in badminton quarter finals.
- President Pranab Mukherjee says, there should always be room for the argumentative Indian, not the intolerant Indian; cautions that complex issues are being reduced to binary opposites resulting in polarisation.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate country’s longest, Dhola-Sadia river bridge, in Assam tomorrow.
- Center seeks report from Uttar Pradesh government over Saharanpur violence.
- Supreme Court refuses urgent hearing on a plea seeking fresh NEET examination for MBBS and BDS courses.
- Sensex zooms 448 points to reach record high.
THE HEADLINES :-
Indian badminton team books a place in the knockout stage of Sudirman Cup mixed team championship in Australia.
- Cabinet approves abolition of Foreign Investment Promotion Board; concerned ministries to clear FDI proposals now; Cabinet also approves 255 rupees as Fair and Remunerative Price of sugarcane per quintal for current season; gives nod to Noida-Greater Noida Metro rail project and a new AIIMS in Assam.
- Nepalese Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal resigns after a brief stint.
- Madras High Court grants interim stay on publication of NEET results for admission to medical courses.
- Income Tax Department summons RJD chief Lalu Prasad’s daughter Misa Bharti and her husband in a benami land deal and tax evasion case.
- Mumbai Indians clinch third IPL title defeating Rising Pune Supergiant by one-run in a nail-biting final.
- In Football, Bengaluru FC lifts Federation Cup beating defending champions Mohun Bagan
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to launch various developmental projects in Gujarat.
- BSF and Punjab Police bust terror module with Canada and Pakistan links; nab two terrorists near Indo-Pak border.
- NIA continues questioning separatist leaders in connection with their subversive activities in Jammu and Kashmir.
- A new train Tejas Express to start its maiden journey today from Mumbai to Goa.
- UN Security Council convenes an emergency meeting in response to North Korea’s ballistic missile test.