- After US President’s stinging comments against Pakistan’s policy of harbouring terrorists, Islamabad bans Mumbai terror attacks mastermind Hafiz Saeed-led Jamaat-ud Dawa from collecting donations.
- Bill on Triple Talaq likely to come up in Rajya Sabha today.
- Government to connect all posts along the Indo-China border with roads says, Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
- Health Ministry asks all central government hospitals to take necessary steps to ensure smooth health services in wake of doctors call for 12 hours strike today against National Medical Commission Bill.
- Eight core sectors record 6.8 percent growth in November 2017; Highest since October of previous year.
- Intense cold wave and fog disrupts air, rail and road traffic in North India.
- AND In Iran, nationwide protests turn violent; 14 people killed.
*National Award-winning singer Sonu Nigam is set to scout and nurture new talent in the field of music.
*Nucleya: I have never felt the need to do Bollywood.
*Tickets for the 29th Dec show on sale now.
*Zareen Khan and Karan Kundrra’s ‘Sunn Le Zara’ song from ‘1921’ takes you back in time!
*Guru Randhawa’s Lahore song hits over 7 million views on YouTube.
*Salman-Katrina’s ‘Swag Se Swagat’ Arabic version out.
- Winter Session of Parliament begins today; Muslim Women Right on Marriage bill and Constitutional status to Backward Class Commission to be taken up for discussion and passage.
- Supreme Court to pronounce interim order on mandatory linking of Aadhaar with various welfare schemes today .
- Defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman says, transparency and speeding up acquisition her priority; Defence Acquisition Council to clear procurement backlog by 31st December this year.
- External Affairs Ministry says India is open to looking at any suggestion on One Belt One Road project if its sensitivities are taken into account.
- US Federal Communications Commission votes to rollback net neutrality rules.
- And in Dubai World Super Series Final Badminton tournament, ace shuttler P V Sindhu advances to knockout stage of Women’s Singles.
<> THANK YOU FOR DROPPING IN<>
*Red Bull Music to celebrate 15 years of ‘The Bunker in India’ in January 2018
*Amazon’s Alexa Can Now Wake You Up to Music of Your Choice .
*A#Minors lead guitarist,Armaan Manoj, not performing on the 29th of Dec.
*Notwithstanding its frequent changes of tempo, U2’s Songs of Experience is not the work of an ageing band meandering in music, dodging mortality (no matter what Bono says).
*We have faith in faces, not voices: Sunidhi Chauhan
- Polling begins for 93 seats in the second and final phase of Gujarat Assembly election; 851 candidates in the fray.
Prime Minister to dedicate the first Scorpene-class submarine INS Kalvari to the nation in Mumbai today.
- Centre calls an all party meet today ahead of the Parliament session beginning tomorrow.
- Income Tax Department conducts survey at nine major bitcoin exchanges across the country on suspicion of tax evasion.
British Prime Minister Theresa May loses key vote on Brexit bill in Parliament after rebellion within her party.
- US Federal Reserve raises its interest rates by 0.25 percent, projecting 2.5 percent growth for American economy in 2017-18.
- In Badminton, PV Sindhu wins her first match at Dubai Super Series Final defeating China’s He Bingjiao, Kidambi Srikanth loses on the opening day.
- THANKS FOR DROPPING BY
*Madonna teases tour plans for next year.
*Ed Sheeran wants to collaborate with Drake on a rap song.
*The A#minors include 2 Ajay Atuls famous Marathi songs for the 29th show.
*Hans Raj Hans to perform with son Navraj Hans.
*Akon sings Mika’s upcoming song on stage.
*Salim-Sulaiman collaborate with artists for ‘Yaari’ songsMadonna teases tour plans for next year.
- Campaigning for the second and final phase of Gujarat Assembly elections ends this evening; Top leaders of various political parties making last ditch efforts to woo the voters; Polling on Thursday.
- In a spectacular move, Prime Minister Narendra Modi travels from Sabarmati riverfront in Ahmedabad to Dharoi Dam via sea plane.
- Five Army jawans go missing as avalanche hits Gurez and Nowgam Handwara sectors of Jammu and Kashmir; Srinagar-Jammu national highway remains closed for the second consecutive day.
- Markets trading in the red in afternoon trade; Sensex falls over 150 points.
- In Nepal Parliamentary and Provincial elections, Left alliance makes a clean sweep.
- Campaigning for the second and final phase of Gujarat assembly elections for 93 constituencies ends this evening; In a spectacular show, Prime Minister Narendra Modi to use a sea plane for the first time to end his campaigning; Senior Congress leaders also scheduled to address public meetings.
- Indian economy likely to grow by 7.2 per cent in 2018 and 7.4 per cent in 2019, says a UN report.
- India calls upon WTO members to find permanent solution to the public food stockpile issue, concerning 800 million hungry people across the globe.
- Information and Broadcasting Ministry asks TV channels not to air condom advertisements between 6 AM and 10 PM.
- Western disturbance brings widespread rain in several parts of North India; Air quality improves in the National Capital.
- Russia orders partial withdrawal of its troops from Syria.
- And, Saudi Arabia announces lifting of ban on movie theatres after 35 years.
- THANKS FOR DROPPING BY…
Zomato’s New Ad Uses Judwaa Song ‘Oonchi Hai Building’.
*Indo-American Hip Hop Artiste And Songwriter Svetha Rao Aka Raja Kumari Sp Writes For Gwen Stefani, and Lived In Madhuri Dixit’s Home.
*Prem Joshua: Our music is immersive, emotional and resonates with contemplation.
*Singer Ed Sheeran is not disappointed at missing out on a Grammy nomination in the Album of the Year and Song of the Year categories. “
*Selena Gomez has dedicated her award to her kidney donor and best friend Francia Raisa.
*Kailash Kher supports Manipuri farmers for free.
*Shankar Mahadevan creates signature tune for Directorate of Revenue Intelligence
- United States recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel; announces plans to relocate its embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem;
- UN Secretary General leads world leaders in denouncing the US decision; Security Council to meet in emergency session tomorrow.
- Political parties making last ditch efforts to woo the voters as campaigning for the first phase of Gujarat Assembly elections ends this evening.
- Centre to reward States and districts for achieving 90 per cent of total imunization coverage under Indradhanush mission.
- In Nepal, final phase of parliamentary and provincial elections begins.
- Depression over south-east Bay of Bengal likely to intensify into a deep depression; Heavy rainfall likely over North Andhra Pradesh, South Odisha and Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- And in Hockey World League Final, India enter the semi-finals outplaying Belgium 3-2 in penalty shootout.
<><><>THANKS FOR DROPPING BY
*7th edition of Aadi Anant music festival returns to celebrate ‘guru-shishya’ heritage.
*Aditya Narayan: Music has lot of money but labels earning it all.
*Suprindent of Mumbai schools, Mrs.Pranjali,pays a visit to the ABC School of music and enrolls to be taught by celebrity instructor Dr. Charles Noronha.
*Anushka Manchanda: My heart breaks to hear remakes that do no justice to originals.
*DJ Nucleya: I am hesitant about working in Bollywood.
*Brijesh Shandilya has come up with a single on Shiv.
*Adhyayan Suman, though not trained in vocals, is all set to debut as a singer next week.
High Alert issued in Gujarat and Maharashtra in view of Cyclone Ockhi; In Mumbai, schools closed today and people advised against visiting beaches.
- Election Commission prohibits publishing of advertisements in print media in Gujarat on Friday and Saturday without prior approval; Electioneering in state heats up for first phase of polling.
- Rebel Janta Dal (United) MPs Sharad Yadav and Ali Anwar disqualified from Rajya Sabha.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley asks officers of Directorate of Revenue Intelligence to find new techniques to prevent smuggling and circulation of fake currencies.
- Extradition trial of Vijay Mallya begins at a court in London.
- And in Hockey World League Final, India goes down 0-2 to Germany in Bhubaneshwar.
- THANKS FOR DROPPING BY…
*Jay-Z is the leader of the 2018 Grammy Award nominations.
*Selena Gomez suits up as Billboard’s Woman of the Year.
*Backstreet Boys member Nick Carter denies rape accusation.
*Bhartnatyam danseuse Ankita…will dance to the beats of the A#minors.
*Saavn to Come Pre-Enabled on Amazon Echo Devices in India
- Cyclonic storm Ockhi causes widespread rain in Tamil Nadu and Kerala
- leaving eight people dead; Heads towards Lakshdweep.
- Union Cabinet clears amendments for reintroduction of bill in Lok Sabha to grant constitutional status to National Commission for Backward Classes.
- Counting of votes for all 652 Urban local bodies begins in Uttar Pradesh.
- Supreme Court asks all States and Union Territories to set up a trauma centre in every district of the country ; Slew of directions issued on road safety.
- World AIDS day being observed today; WHO to advocate access to safe and effective medicines.
- Indian archers bag three gold, four silver and two bronze medals at Asian Championships in Dhaka.
<><><>THANKS FOR DROPPING INN… <><><>
<><><>THANKS FOR DROPPING INN… <><><>