Indian women’s team advances to the finals of ICC World Cup Qualifiers in Colombo after beating Pakistan by 7 wickets.
- Polling for third phase of Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections in 69 seats passes off peacefully ; Over 61 per cent voter turnout recorded.
- Campaigning for 4th phase of UP assembly elections gains momentum; Star campaigners of major political parties address rallies in favour of their candidates; Polling on Thursday.
- BJP Vision Document released in Imphal stresses on raising a Highway Protection Force for ensuring a blockade free Manipur.
- Nagaland Chief Minister T. R. Zeliang announces his decision to quit amid political crisis.
- India sanctions soft loan of 34 crore US dollars to Nepal for infrastructure development programmes.
- A US Navy aircraft carrier strike group begins patrols in South China Sea, despite China’s warning not to interfere in the area.
Cricket, Indian Women’s team grab a spot for the 2017 World Cup.
- Election Commission issues notice to VK Sasikala over her appointment as interim General Secretary of AIADMK; Panneerselvam camp dismisses Sasikala and her two close relatives from the party; Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswamy to seek a vote of confidence in the state assembly tomorrow.
- Campaigning for the third phase of Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections ends this evening; 69 constituencies in 12 districts to go to polls on Sunday.
- In Nagaland, 39 MLAs and a Rajya Sabha member resolve to support ruling Naga People’s Front President Dr. Shurhozelie Liezietsu as the next Chief Minister.
- A special Mumbai court allows ED to invoke the India-UK Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty to bring back Vijay Mallya to probe into a money laundering case.
- India strongly deplores the terrorist attack at the shrine of Lal Shahbaz Qalandar in Sindh province of Pakistan claiming 80 lives.
CRICKET; Indian women team beat South Africa by 49 runs in one-day International at Colombo.
- India sets history by successfully launching a record 104 satellites in a single mission; The President and the Prime Minister congratulate ISRO scientists for the launch; World media also lauds the feat.
- 68 per cent voter turnout recorded in Uttarakhand Assembly elections; Over 65 per cent voting in second phase of polls in Uttar Pradesh.
- AIADMK leader Sasikala surrenders before a court in Bengaluru following her conviction in disproportionate assets case; sent to jail.
- Union Cabinet approves merger of State Bank of India with its five associate banks.
- Foreign tourists with e-visas to get free SIM cards on arrival in India.
- Russia says it will not hand back Crimea to Ukraine or discuss the matter with foreign partners.