- India and six other South Asian countries pledge to improve regional connectivity to boost trade and tourism; aim to generate 70 billion dollar incremental GDP by year 2025.
- At least ten killed and fifty injured in an explosion at an underground metro station in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- In Jammu & Kashmir, one CRPF personnel martyred and five injured after terrorists attack their convoy near Panthachowk, Srinagar.
- Sensex and Nifty record closing highs on first trading day of current fiscal.
- Indian Institute of Science Bengaluru ranked number one in India in the ‘Overall’ and ‘University’ categories.
- heavy rain and thundershowers disrupt normal life in several North Eastern states; 2 dead in flash floods in Assam; Met department predicts heavy to very heavy rainfall during next three days in the region.